Rooms will be made available in the Business School from 12.00 to 17.00 on Wednesday 14th March. We encourage delegates to choose an area of interest and meet in the allocated rooms. The purpose of these groups is for delegates who share common research or professional interests and to organise a round table discussion based on a set of prompts which will be provided in the rooms. Local organisations will also be involved.
It is expected that the CIG meetings will provide an opportunity to:
- Discuss key issues and challenges for researchers, policymakers and professionals in the field;
- Share research needs and interests, and develop suggestions for collaborative projects;
- Compare and contrast local, national and international perspectives on a common theme.
The four main Common Interest Groups are:
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Gender Issues in Educational Contexts
- Human Rights in Educational Contexts
- Educational Leadership
However, additional rooms will be available for self-organised CIG meetings on the day before, and during the conference. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you wish to organise a CIG meeting or ask at the help-desk if you wish to book a meeting room at any time during the conference.