We are delighted to announce that the call for papers for the 1st International Conference on Quality in Education: Local Needs, Global Challenges to be held in March, 2018, at the University of Ibn Zohr, Agadir, Morocco, is now open. We would like to encourage the education research community and those professionals with extensive experiential knowledge, to submit abstracts for presentation at this event.
The theme of this first conference is ‘Leadership, Quality and Diversity in Educational Contexts’. It will be explored through perspectives from different global settings and all levels of education including early childhood, primary, secondary, higher education and vocational training contexts.
The following questions underpin the conference theme:
- How can evidence-based research inform government and non-governmental institutions and organisations to advocate for quality and diversity through organisational leadership?
- How can social, cultural or linguistic diversities and special educational needs/disabilities (SEND) be used as a resource to promote human rights and equality of opportunities in educational contexts?
- How can curricula and pedagogical leadership focus on developing quality learning experiences that enable each individual child or young person to achieve a sense of personal well-being from pre-birth to 25 years?
Abstracts for papers can be submitted electronically via the conference website https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iceq2018 . Abstracts may be submitted for:
- Individual paper presentation: 30 minutes including discussion. Individual papers will be grouped into symposium groups of three by theme; or
- Poster presentation: selected posters will be displayed, and sessions will be set up for conference participants to interact with poster presenters.
Delegates may also submit three papers for a self-organised symposium – around one of the strands as a session of 90 minutes, including discussion. For a self-organised symposium, please submit one abstract for each of the papers.
All presented papers at the conference will be published in the conference proceedings. A selection of papers will be published by an international publisher.
- Policy and Policymaking
- Inclusion and Diversity in Policy and Practice
- Quality and Governance
- Private Sector, Competitiveness and Quality
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Human Rights and Values
- Emotional well-being
- Pedagogical Leadership
- Pedagogical Documentation
- Teacher Training and Teaching Quality
- Crossing boundaries: Language and Culture
- National and International Research in Educational Contexts
- Functions of e-library and e-learning in Education Quality
- Evaluation and Accreditation
- Norms and Standards of Education Quality Management
Conference Languages: English, French and Arabic
The submission of abstracts deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on 24 January 2018 .
Guidelines for submission of abstracts can be found on
For any queries relating to the abstract submission process, conference programme or registration, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries relating to accommodation, visa applications or conference social programme, please e-mail email@example.com
The conference website provides useful details regarding travel, accommodation, visa, conference fees. As the planning and programme for the conference develops, we will post regular updates on the conference website.