Things to do in and around Agadir
Delegates may plan their own social activities; there are plenty of things to see and do including sunbathing on the Atlantic coast milky sand beaches, enjoying the view of the city for the medieval hilltop fortress, experiencing the desert safari to the Hollywood film location city of Ouarzazate, wandering around the artisan shops and alleyways of La Medina or making a short trip to the exotic city of Marrakech where culture inspires the soul.
Conference Dinner: Thursday 15 March 2018, 19:00 – 23:00
All registered members are invited to this wonderful dinner. During this evening you will have the opportunity to mingle with the other conference delegates while enjoying Moroccan cuisine and entertainment.
Argan Tour & Rural culture: Saturday 17 March 2018, 08:30 – 17:00
All participants are warmly invited to a memorable visit to admire and discover the amazing landscape of the region. Extra fees apply, as the ticket is not included in your conference registration.
This excursion has two main objectives: (i) exploring the Argan tour, one of the famous and authentic trees in the world, and (ii) discovering one face of the rural Moroccan culture (Oasis of Tiout located near Taroudant south of Morocco).
During this social programme, you will see how the Argan oil is produced and explore the traditional way of life in Morocco. You will also have the chance to visit the beautiful fortified town of Taroudant and the serene oasis of Tiout.
- 08:30 am: Departure for Tiout Oisis.
- 09:00 am: photo stop to capture the beauty of Argan trees
- 09:45 am: possibility to Stop in a local village, chat with locals
- 10:10 am: visit cooperative of Argan oil and see its the production process
- 11h15 am: Continue in the direction of the charming palm grove of Tiout .
- 12h15 am: Stop for lunch. Your menu will consist of traditional tajine with meat and vegetables. Other surprises are expected: delicious mint tea, local music…
- 02h30 pm: After lunch, departure for the fortified Taroudant town.
- 03h00 pm: Enjoying the panoramic view of Taroudant, and exploring the medina and the souks.
- 04:00 pm: Enjoying mint tea or soda at the Jnane Soussia restaurant (just a proposition)
- 05h00 pm: Departure for Agadir